Here are four easy crafts to decorate your home and get that air of renewal that you want so much.
There are many easy crafts to carry out when decorating the home. Whether you are right-handed or not(both), they offer the alternative we need to achieve our goals without much effort.
Many times, we get anxious when it comes to decorating the spaces(or renovating them) because we consider that we must invest a considerable budget in it.
However, we can resort to many simple materials, whose versatility allows us to give it different uses. The usefulness of things is in the eye of the one who perceives them. It’s all about having a little creativity and resourcefulness.
4 easy crafts to decorate the home
1. Tree wall coat rack
This is one of the easy crafts that will take up the least space. You only have to have a piece of free wall, in the space of your preference, and draw the trunk and branches of a tree.
The idea is that the tree has several branches, in which we will make a small hole with the drill to insert resistant nails. So, we can hang an object on “each branch”: umbrellas, coats, bags, scarves, handkerchiefs, and so on.
The tree can be drawn and painted in a minimalist or more elaborate style. It all depends on the environment and what you want to achieve. To opt for a minimalist style, you will need the following materials:
- 1 drill.
- 1 pencil and 1 eraser.
- 1 medium brush.
- 1 masking tape.
- Several large nails.
- Several sheets of newspaper.
- 1 half gallon can of black paint(or the color of your choice).
- Clean the piece of wall you selected a bit. It should not have cobwebs or spots.
- With the pencil, draw the tree(without setting too much) on the wall. Make several branches and make sure they are not too close together.
- Make the necessary corrections with the rubber.
- Once your sketch is to your complete liking, take the masking tape and place it above the pencil lines of the tree.
- Place newspaper just below the wall. This will ensure you don’t stain the floor when you start painting.
- Check that the brush is clean, dip in the paint and start painting.
- Give your tree the first coat and once it dries, apply the second. This way the paint will not be lumpy and the finish will be much neater.
- Once the second coat is dry, remove the masking tape.
- Select the places where you will place the nails(try to have enough distance so that later the objects do not collide with each other when you hang them).
- Make the holes with the drill and drive the nails.
- Ready! You already have your own tree coat rack.
2. From white tableware to ornamental tableware
Do you have one of those white dishes that within minutes of buying it already perishes horrendous? Calm down, then we will teach you how to recover their splendor and thus be able to continue using them with pleasure.
- Porcelain paints(in the color of your preference).
- Permanent colored markers.
- Brushes of different thickness.
- 1 sheet of paper.
- Choose the design of your preference Before drawing it on the plates, practice on a sheet of paper. Use the pencil and repeat a couple of times.
- After you are sure, draw the design on a sheet and cut it out.
- Try placing the design on the first plate you are going to decorate.
- Once you are sure of the shape and its location on the porcelain, proceed to draw it on it. Take your time. Concentrate, draw and paint little by little.(If you make a mistake you can use solvent to correct the mistake).
- With the drawing ready, you must wait 2 days for the paint to dry.
- Put the dish in the oven for about 5 minutes to seal the finish.
3. Rustic clock
This is one of the easy and ideal crafts for lovers of rustic objects. It is perfect for your wall to have a sober and elegant style. It is basically made with a piece of circular trunk.
- A slice of a tree trunk.
- System or mechanism for a watch.
- Paint(the color of your preference).
- Hands for the clock.
- Clear varnish.
- In the center of the trunk open a hole with the drill.
- Join the clock mechanism with the hands through the hole.
- Brush the watch with varnish for a more professional finish.
- Mark with paint the hours or perhaps the number twelve.
4. Decorations with string balloons
It is typical that these arrangements are made to decorate a party or special meeting. However, with string or wool balloons you can give a special touch to your favorite place in the house or to the space where your children are kept daily.
- Various Balloons.
- 1 pair of scissors.
- Vinyl glue.
- Hot water.
- Fishing line.
- Cotton thread.
- 1/2 cup starch maize.
- Inflate all the balloons you have to decorate.
- Tie the fishing line. Hang them and cover the balloons with Vaseline.
- Place a nylon underneath the balloons to avoid staining the floor.
- Prepare a mixture with the cornstarch, the vinyl glue and the hot water. It should be without lumps.
- Pass the cotton thread through the mixture and cover the balloons giving it the shape you prefer. As an example, you can flip it so that the ornament fits into a lamp. Everything is a question of creativity.
- Let dry for 24 hours. Puncture the balloons and remove the excess glue. Paint with the spray.
With these three examples of easy crafts, you will see that you can take advantage of your spaces in a very simple way and with few materials. Go ahead and try to overcome these ideas with your own adaptations.