Feng shui is based on achieving a harmonious space in which chi energy can flow in a positive way. For this, small changes in the decoration or orientation of our furniture can have a positive impact on our well-being.
The feng shui is more than some changes to improve your home decor or a recent arrival fashionable East. On the contrary, it is an as central art whose primary objective is balance and harmony in the different spaces of the house. Do you know how to apply feng shui for your home?
Here are some tips for adding some feng shui touches to your home, especially in the living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Don’t miss them!
An ancient art
Feng shui means “wind and water”. It is an ancient Chinese art based on the theory that we must consciously and harmoniously occupy spaces. In this way, its harmony can be transmitted to people, improving their mood and well-being.
According to this theory, there is an energy called chi. In turn, the chi can be altered by objects located in space, orientations, etc. The objective is to achieve an ordering of the different spaces so that the chi can flow correctly, impregnating the environment and those who inhabit it with positivity
Therefore, for feng Shui there are certain elements or concepts that are essential. Among them, we must highlight that of yin and yang, that is, the opposites without opposition, the duality of balance.
In reality, these are two opposing concepts that are not contrary, but rather complement each other. For example: north and south, winter and summer, male and female, etc. Surely you are familiar with the image of a circle with two parts in perfect harmony. In fact, yin and yang are the two poles of chi energy.
Tips feng shui for your home
Our goal is to give you some advice from this ancient art to harmonize your home. To do this, in addition to being careful with the balance between yin and yang, you must also take into account other aspects.
1. The five elements
The chi is expressed through the elements: water, fire, earth, metal and wood. In this way, we must combine elements and objects of these characteristics to achieve the appropriate harmony in our home:
- For example, we can include a fish tank or aquarium in the room to include the element of water.
- In addition, we can put one or more pots, so that we also include wood.
- Good lighting will symbolize the presence of fire in the room.
- Some decorative objects(silver, gold, etc.) will provide us with the metal.
- Finally, we can also include the earth with some clay or clay objects to decorate.
2. The importance of input
The entrance to the house is the entrance of chi. It is the entry point for everything negative and positive, so we must pay special attention to it.
In this sense, we must include welcoming elements in the entry. Therefore, it is ideal to place plants and flowers or family photographs. In addition, you should use soft and pleasant colors that offer light and balance.
On the other hand, we must correctly illuminate the hall. Indeed, chi does not flow properly through dark and gloomy places.
3. Chi in the kitchen
The chi flows throughout the house and all beings and objects found in it. For this reason, also when you cook, the chi will flow into the food and meals that you prepare. Therefore, we must ensure that the energy in this room of the house is optimal.
To do this, keep in mind:
- First of all, fire(kitchen) and water(sink, dishwasher) should not be directly opposite each other.
- This opposition can be harmonized by including the element of wood. To do this, a good idea is to place pots in the kitchen or include the color green.
- On the other hand, fire(oven, stove, stove) should not be the first thing we encounter when opening the door.
4. The bed in the bedroom
Rest is important. For this reason, the location of the bed in a bedroom is essential, as it will allow the chi to flow positively or not, allowing a correct rest.
Let’s see some tips:
- First of all, the bed should be as far as possible from the entrance door to the room.
- In addition, it is important that there are no large lamps or fans over the bed where we sleep. This could be understood as a threat.
- On the other hand, if there are mirrors in the room, it is advisable that they be located in such a way that the sleeper is not reflected in them.
- Finally, the bed should not be aligned with the door.
Here are some tips to allow you to give your home a feng shui touch-up. However, this ancient art, although pseudoscience, can offer many more tips to achieve a harmonious environment where chi flows in a positive way. Perhaps this conviction influences your state of mind and, therefore, your well-being and balance.