Painting walls is not a chore for everyone. However, by applying proper and simple techniques like the ones we will describe below, you can achieve the desired effect very easily. Your environments will look their best!
If you will soon change the colors of the walls of your house, this article may interest you. There are many ways to achieve the effect you want. Therefore, we show you some techniques to paint your house that will allow you to leave it just as you want.
Painting the house, whether inside or outside, is one of the decisions that requires the most meditation. Of course, it is not something we do every day; therefore, it is necessary to be very sure of the choices that we make.
The first thing to consider, logically, is color. This will depend on personal tastes, the furniture if it is for interiors and, why not, the environment for the exterior of the house.
The time will come to choose some of the many techniques to paint your house that you will find. Next, we will tell you a little about them so that you arrive more educated at the time of the final choice.
Do not forget, yes, be careful with the items you buy. There are many toxic substances that are harmful to our health and that of our children, as stated in this research carried out by researchers.
5 techniques to paint your house
1. Blur effect
Undoubtedly, one of the most elegant styles to give a unique touch to any space in the house. To achieve this, a technique called rag rolling is used. This consists of following the following steps:
- Paint the wall the color you want to blend.
- Roll up a cloth and soak it in turpentine. Wear gloves to carry out this and subsequent steps.
- Run the cloth over the damp wall and you will see how the parts you touch will lose their color.
On the other hand, there is another way to achieve a similar blur effect. In this case, we will need two-color paint, a mixing tray, a roller, newspaper, and a plastic bag. The colors should be of the same gamut, but of a different hue. The steps to follow are these:
- Paint the wall with the color that will predominate; that is, the lightest or the darkest.
- Wrap the roller with a plastic bag, take the second paint from the mixer and remove the excess with the paper.
- Rotate the roller on the wall so that there are irregularities of a lighter or darker color, as appropriate.
2. Linear effect
This is a style that definitely moves away from the classic, but can give a room a lot of elegance.
The final shape will be that of a wall with small vertical lines in which the background color will barely be seen. This is usually the target. Doing so is very simple. We tell you the procedure:
- Paint the walls in the conventional way and the main color that the room will have.
- Then, with the paint still fresh, use a straw broom to draw the lines. You must take directly from the bristles and pass it through the wall from top to bottom, never the other way around.
- Although it is an informal style for the rooms, try to be neat with the lines to take full advantage of the desired effect.
3. Rollers with relief
This is a great way to create prints on your walls. To achieve this, you will need a special roller, the kind that come with the predetermined figures that will decorate your wall.
These arose many years ago, when wallpaper was still expensive and inconvenient to use. Once you have it, follow these steps:
- First, you will need to paint the walls in the background color. If the wall is still in good condition, it doesn’t hurt to give it an extra hand; Remember that once the relief is made, you will not be able to paint the background without covering it.
- The paint on the print should be a color that stands out. This is placed on the foam roller of the double roller. Then, this will soak the rubber, which will end up drawing on the wall.
- Place the stamping paint in the widest bucket, by the size of the roller. You better not dilute it too much.
- Soak the rolling pin, wring it out, and wipe it through a piece of paper to remove the excess.
- Paint the wall from top to bottom and from one side to the other. Try not to leave too much space between the stripes, so that the effect has continuity. Unless, of course, that is what you are looking for.
General tips when painting
You probably already have them in mind, but the basic tips never hurt, no matter what techniques to paint your house you choose.
- Cover the furniture to avoid splashing it.
- Start by painting on the ceiling.
- Test the color and effects on boards before going to the wall.
- Paint in a light and airy place; Also, remember that the paint darkens when it dries.
- Choose, if possible, quality paints and enamels. Remember that cheap ends up being expensive.
- Allow at least 6 hours between one coat and another.
Now that you are more informed about the different techniques to paint your house that exist, your decision will have more fundamentals.
In case you do not dare to do it yourself, you can ask for the help of a professional so that together you can achieve that wall you have always wanted.