To decorate small rooms, it is necessary to try a little more. Although it does not have to be a complex task, it is important to take into account aspects such as colors and style.
The task of decorating small rooms can become quite a challenge. Not knowing how to optimize space, or what are the most appropriate accessories, can cause us a terrible headache.
It is very important to bear in mind that we must choose colors and elements that do not make the place look saturated. If we learn to distribute the furniture well and choose good decorative items, we can give it a very elegant and modern touch.
Still have no idea how to do it? If you’re about to get down to business, but can’t think of anything, take note of the following tips. While you can do everything according to your personal tastes, these simple tips will make it that much easier.
Put them into practice!
The best tips for decorating small rooms
In modern apartments and houses, it has been decided to make a general distribution with less square meters than the spacious houses of many years ago. The dimensions of the rooms have also been affected and many do not know how to decorate them.
This place in the home should look like a harmonious environment, ideal for well-being and relaxation. Making a poor choice of accessories or not knowing how to take advantage of each meter can make it look messy, despite efforts to make it look good.
Luckily for everyone, there are plenty of easy ideas and tips that can be applied to make the place as comfortable as possible. Are you ready to start decorating small rooms? You just need disposition and a lot of creativity.
1.- opt for a minimalist design
“Less is always more”. This phrase will undoubtedly apply to those who like minimalist designs. The theme of decoration does not have to be complex at all if there is a taste for simple things. With a little ingenuity and a few accessories, the room can look elegant but relaxed.
- Choose light colors and good quality elements that make the bedroom look elegant.
- Make sure that the bedding has a good contrast with the one on the walls.
- Try to choose furniture in neutral colors and white lamps.
2.- Take advantage of natural light
Natural light is one of the best allies to decorate small rooms. This, together with the paint on the walls, gives an effect of spaciousness that can be very pleasant. The illuminated spaces provide a feeling of cleanliness and relaxation that is ideal for resting.
- Avoid obstructing natural light with textiles that are too thick or heavy.
- If possible, open the bedroom windows during the day.
3.- Choose the white color to paint
White is the best complement to natural light. Its application in interior spaces, especially small ones, generates an effect of freshness, luminosity and spaciousness. This color is related to cleanliness and tranquility, so it will make the place much more harmonious.
- Paint the walls of the room with white paint.
- If you want to add a bit of color, opt for textiles and furniture with shades that pop.
4.- Find creative storage ideas
Clutter can be fatal when rooms are tightly packed. Therefore, it is important to invest a little time and creativity in managing smart storage spaces. These allow you to put your objects and clothing in order so that everything is seen in order.
- If you do not have a closet, or if it is too small, you can find a free area to create a storage area. Put up small shelves or use a sliding curtain to hide what’s behind.
- Also, if you prefer, opt for beds with drawers or design your own drawers to put under the bed.
5. Take advantage of every corner
Manufacturers of furniture and home accessories are aware that modern home spaces are shrinking. For this reason, today there are many elements that adapt perfectly to each corner of the room.
- Choose modular furniture, as they are tailored to the corners and corners.
- Use your creativity and create your own shelves in the least used places.
6.- Put mirrors
Whatever the size of the room, mirrors should not be missing. However, when decorating small rooms, these serve a very special function. Putting them in a strategic place makes the space look more extensive and organized.
- Choose cabinets with mirrored doors to optimize space.
- Use framed mirrors to locate them on one of the walls.
As you just noticed, you don’t need to complicate yourself to add a lot of style when decorating small rooms. Estimate the meters of the place, paint with light colors and distribute your decorative elements without saturating the walls or furniture.