Although it is not necessary to keep each and every one of the boxes that we can bequeath to have in our hands, with several of them we can make precious decorative elements, beyond their usefulness.
Crafting with boxes and decorating multiple spaces at home is a fun and easy way to create your own decorations. Even the boxes can be both cardboard and wood. In fact, both are very easy to get and depending on the use you want to give it, the choice of it will depend.
Cardboard boxes have multiple presentations, sizes and, the best thing is that they are very versatile. In addition, by reusing them we help reduce environmental impact. In other words, it helps to recycle.
On the other hand, the wooden boxes that we decide to reuse help us create more rigid pieces, in which we can place more weight. However, care must be taken when working them as they can have splinters.
Here are some advantages and 7 different uses of these box crafts. Keep reading and discover them!
Advantages of crafts with boxes
Although the advantages of this type of crafts are many, here we list the most common:
- They are inexpensive.
- Also, we can find them in various sizes.
- They come in different thicknesses and hardness, for different uses.
- They are practical, you can give them different uses.
- Easy to decorate: with paints, fabrics and other DIY techniques, etc.
- Finally, making crafts with boxes helps a lot on a psycho-emotional level. In other words, by focusing on what is being done and not on what is being thought, we relax.
1. Desk organizers
It is very common to have pens, pencils, markers, all messy and not find anything. Well, we will give you the idea of an organizer made with a simple cardboard box.
- Carton box.
- Rolls of toilet paper.
- First, decorate the box the way you like it the most. It can be with laminated colored papers.
- Then glue the rolls of paper to the inside of the box.
- Paint the inside of the rolls evenly.
- Lastly, put pencils inside each roll.
- Place them to decorate on a desk.
- Smaller rolls can be used for lower items.
- You can place rolls higher for the rulers, for example.
- Group the different types of utensils and place them in each one.
2. Underwear organizers
Finding underwear in a mess takes you a while that you can use in something else, in addition to the sight it is not so cute. Here is an idea to create your own underwear organizers with cardboard boxes.
- Scrap of cardboard.
- Fabric to cover it.
- Adhesive for fabric.
- Medium cardboard box. For example, it can be from a shoe.
- You must first line the entire box with fabric. Inside and outside.
- Cut out the pieces of cardboard to form internal compartments that hold the underwear.
- Cut out and cover the compartment walls with fabric.
- Finally, place your underwear pieces in each space, according to your preference.
3. For toilet paper
These box crafts are one of the simplest ways to use to decorate the bathroom. Even rolls of toilet paper are very nice in a lined box, without a lid, on a table or shelf in the bathroom.
- Rustic twine.
- A box that can hold four rolls of toilet paper.
- First, start at one end of the box by applying glue.
- Second, wrap the string over the glue, thus lining the box.
- Let it dry.
- Lastly, place the rolls inside.
4. Save towels
As with paper rolls, towels also tend to get stacked and messy. A good idea might be to roll them up and place them inside a lined box. You can line the lid and decorate it as well as you like.
5. Tea box
Those who are usually tea lovers and have different types at home, having them in the same box could be a practical solution and also very decorative. The best way is to make them out of wood, as it is firmer.
- Wooden box.
- Thin pieces of wood to make the divisions.
- First, start by cutting the wood with a fine saw to make the divisions.
- Then glue them together and let them dry.
- Paint it with the colors that you like the most.
- Finally, varnish it for better conservation.
6. Magazine rack, a classic of box crafts
A magazine rack is one of the most popular crafts out there. This is a great idea to keep your magazines tidy.
- Diary paper.
- Rectangular cardboard boxes, such as cereal boxes.
- First, cut two cereal boxes in half diagonally. In this way a part will be exposed to be able to see the magazines.
- Next, glue both boxes together with glue and let them dry.
- On the other hand, cut pieces of newspaper.
- Make a mixture of equal parts glue and water.
- Place this mixture on the box, gluing the newspaper on top. This will add strength to the magazine rack.
- Finally, let it dry and paint it to your liking.
You can replace the newspaper for toilet paper. In addition to being firmer, it gives it a rough texture that looks great.
7. Store accessories
This idea is very good to store accessories that you always find stacked and in a drawer. In this way they will be ordered and you will be able to see them all at a glance. Let’s do it!
- A not very big flat cardboard box.
- Paper for lining.
- Pieces of cloth.
- First, line the box with decorative paper inside and out.
- Then make rolls with the fabrics and place them inside the box.
- Next, place the rings between the rolls of fabric.
- As a result, you will get a beautiful box with the accessories in sight and order.
Do you have any boxes at home? Give them a utility!
If you have some boxes in your house and you still have not given them utility, it is time you considered doing it. Although it is true that you do not have to keep them all, there are some that you can take advantage of, both to store objects and to decorate your environments. Go ahead and take the test and you will see how you get unique pieces!