With few materials that, surely, you will already have at home, even if crafts are not your strong suit, surely you can make this original cutlery holder with kitchen towels.
On this occasion, we bring you a simple and original idea to put order and, at the same time, organize your kitchen. Indeed, it will give it a very beautiful and unique rustic air. It is a handmade cutlery holder with tea towels. With few materials and without too many complications, you will be able to organize the cutlery. Do not miss it!
Handmade cutlery holder with tea towels
The materials you need to make this cutlery holder are few and easy to find. In fact, you probably already have most of them. In any case, even if crafts are not your specialty, making these cutlery holders will not be too difficult.
- Wooden kitchen tables
- A large stapler
- Kitchen towels
- Strips of fabric with color to match the dishcloth
- First, open one of the tea towels and place the wooden board on it. What we are going to do is cut the cloths according to the size of the boards. However, you should not only cut the outline of the board, but you should leave some more fabric(about two fingers) on the right, left and bottom to hem. At the top, cut below the hole for the board handle.
- Next, hem the fabric that is sticking out of the board and lay the cloth over the board so that it covers it. What you need to do is create a kind of pocket by stapling the three ends of the hemmed cloth. To do this, staple these parts on the wood, except for the top part, of course.
- Depending on how heavy the cutlery is going to be, you will have to put more or less staples. At the end of the day, these are the ones that will keep the cloth when the cutlery inside the pocket is resting on it. So, make sure they hold the weight.
- Then, once the cloth is well fixed to the table and you have a pocket, you can proceed to decorate it. The main objective is not to see the staples. To do this, take one of the strips of fabric you have chosen and glue them along the hems of the right, left and bottom edges. You will get a touch of color to match the cloth, and prevent unsightly staples from showing.
- Finally, wait until the glue has dried well and place the cutlery.
Of course, the ideal now is that you get a nice wall hanger for the kitchen and that you hang the tables on it by its handle, so that the cutlery is always at hand in a visible place. On the other hand, we recommend that you follow the following recommendations to make you fall in love even more with your cutlery holders:
- Do not place the silverware holders near where there will be grease or dirt that could splatter them. Indeed, if you place them where the grease from the kitchen can get to them, not only will your cutlery get dirty, but so will the cloth.
- Make a cutlery holder for each type of cutlery you have. Thus, the ideal is to make one for the spoons, another for the forks, another for the dessert cutlery, etc. However, this depends on you, you may prefer to place other types of utensils in the original little pockets.
- Always choose cloths that match the rest of the colors in your kitchen.
- In addition, the ideal is that you find kitchen tables whose wood has a color that works well with the rest of the furniture and elements.
- If you have a set of tea towels with the same pattern but of a different color, making several kitchen towel holders with those different colors will give even more originality and color. Why not?
In short, with simple, original and inexpensive ideas you can achieve two basic objectives for any kitchen. On the one hand, you will have a more organized and orderly kitchen; On the other hand, you will show the style that you like the most with an original craft made by yourself.